Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Links in the email sent after a form submission show the host in the URL

Vote:

Hi my beloved Episerver Community!

USING:

• Episerver, v. 11.3.0.0
  • Episerver Forms, v. 4.14.1.0

DESCRIPTION:

1. When the user submits a form a confirmation email is sent to the email the user entered
  2. The confimation email is edited with the TinyMCE editor in the CMS
  3. When the user opens the email and clicks the link, the url shows the Episerver hosting address. 

Creating internal links in a similar way in pages and blocks works flawlessly when using the TinyMCE editor so I do not think it is the problem. 

I am sorry if this is a duplicate but I have been searching around the forums for a solution but I could not find any. I would really appreciate it if some kind soul could perhaps point me in the right direction

Please let me know if you need any more information. 

Feb 21, 2019 16:20
Vote:

What is the primary site URL configured in admin mode as described here: http://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/cms-admin/managing-websites.htm ? 

Feb 21, 2019 17:17
Vote:

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it.

The primary and only website URL configured there is "http://fakecompanyname.com/".

When I click on the name of the website I see the settings for the configured website and in the section "Host names" there is a table that looks like this:

Host Name  Culture    Type     Scheme
*  en
fakecompanyname_ep20.episerverhosting.com    en
www.fakecompanyname.com  Primary 

The URL "fakecompanyname_ep20.episerverhosting.com" seen above is the same URL that is displayed when visiting links in the confimation email sent to the user after a form submission.

Thank you for your time.

Edited, Feb 22, 2019 9:12
Vote:

Would it be possible to try removing fakecompanyname_ep20.episerverhosting.com from the hosts list and see what effect it has?

Feb 22, 2019 11:12
Vote:

I am not sure if I am allowed to do that because it is for the production environment but I will investigate it. Do you perhaps know if there can be any consequences by removing it from the hosts list?

Also do you think the order of the URLs in the hosts list has any effect? 

Thank you again for your time and knowledge.

Feb 22, 2019 12:05
Vote:

If you cannot do this in production perhaps try in a non-production environment?

In terms of asking about removing the domain name in production it would be worth raising a support ticket to get the question answered: https://world.episerver.com/support 

David

Feb 22, 2019 12:37
Vote:

I probably will try to recreate it in a non production environment and as you suggested I have now raised a support ticket.

Thank you for your time and help. Have a nice weekend!

Feb 22, 2019 15:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.