Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visitor Group Criteria statics data refresh interval duration

Vote:

How long does visitor group statics data take to refresh?

We are testing visitor group criteria and we don't have any idea about the time interval to refresh the statics data.

Thanks

/Praful

Mar 28, 2019 9:24
Vote:

Hi! From what I can see it's commited every 20 minutes. You should be able to define your own instance of EPiServer.Personalization.VisitorGroups.VisitorGroupOptions.

For<VisitorGroupOptions>().Use(new VisitorGroupOptions { StatisticsPersistanceInterval = new TimeSpan(0, 5, 0) });
Mar 28, 2019 10:00
Vote:

Hi Mattias,

Thanks for your help.

The code line you shared need to go into InitializeModule? And, where I can see the default interval (20 min, as you said) value?  Or is there any related doc please share the link, it will be very helpful.

Thanks,

/Praful

Mar 28, 2019 19:33
Vote:

Yes, in a initialization module that implements IConfigurableModule or in a StructureMap registry class.

I found the interval by browsing decompiled sources. The visitor group statistics gadget is marked obsolete so I doubt you can find any good docs about it. Don’t know if it will be replaced or removed in future versions.

Mar 28, 2019 20:01
Vote:

Oh, I see. I verified that statics data is being updated after 20 minnutes. Nice, I appreciate your effort.

Thanks

/Praful

Mar 28, 2019 20:35
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.