Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to create visitor group for visitors with an email address?

Vote:

Maybe I am missing how to do this, but I have not found any rule in visitor groups that allow me to check for the presence of an email in a visitor's profile. While there is an option in the profile rule that you can check the email, the only options are equals, contains, starts with and ends with. The only logical way I could find was to use "Email contains @" since all valid emails have one. That does not seem to work at all. I fill out a form, profile store shows an email stored for the profile, but epi does not put the visitor in that group. I really wish there was a "not empty" option. Next I checked to see if I could test if the ContactInformation has the "mailable" tag, but there is no rule that reads that. Any ideas guys? How have others got this to work?

Edited, Oct 28, 2020 20:01
Vote:

Assuming you have Visitor Intellegence (formerly Insight)? If so define a segment in the VI UI:

Then use that segment in your visitor group:

Oct 28, 2020 20:55
Vote:

I will give that a try, thanks!

Oct 28, 2020 21:07
Vote:

This works. The only problem we are running into is there is a long delay before the visitor group membership is re-evaluated after we capture their email in a form. I detailed that in another post here: 

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-Episerver-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2020/10/when-are-visitor-group-rules-evaluated/

Edited, Oct 30, 2020 13:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.