Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multilingual shared properties

Vote:

We implemented an Episerver CMS multilingual site and there is one behavior I'm unsure of.

For an out-of-the-box implementation of a multilingual site, when there is a change to a shared property (ex: Display in navigation), when is this change applied to the other languages?

I would be expecting this change to be applied as soon as the field is changed.  But it seems that it's only applied on the publish of the master language page.

Is this the expected behavior ?  And if so, is there a way to change it ?

Thanks!

Nov 12, 2020 22:05
Vote:

Yes that is pretty much expected. Once you have published master language, you need to publish it to make any changes to non-culture specific properties to reflect in other languages. I'm not aware of any way to change that.

Nov 13, 2020 8:22
- Nov 13, 2020 13:48
Thanks for the clarifications. We will keep in mind the "Once you have published master language" condition in defining the content editor workflow.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.