Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Maximum number of pages in a folder

Jim
Jim
Vote:

Is there a maximum number of pages that can be created in a folder or under a parent page in the CMS?

I'm using a program to generate pages from an XML file and save them to a folder.  The file contains data for 329 pages.  I don't get any errors when I run the code -- it processes the entire file -- but not all of the pages appear in the folder in the CMS when it's done.  The number of pages seems to top out at about 254.  My program returns URLs for all 329 pages, but if the page doesn't appear in the folder in the CMS, I get "page not found" when I enter the URL for that page in the browser.

I searched the developer site, but couldn't find any info about this type of limitation.

Dec 30, 2020 20:31
Vote:

Hi Jim,

I don't think there is any limit for the pages under a parent.

Please check your page creation logic by adding some logging.

Dec 31, 2020 12:40
Vote:

Hey Jim, 

Welcome to the community.

Did you checked the separate log file we have created to log exceptions about the import? Do you see any exception in any of the log files? Please paste that here (if any).

Thanks

Dec 31, 2020 13:58
Jim
Vote:

Hello my friends at Rightpoint!

This was a case of "I spoke too soon."  When I went back later all the pages were showing in the CMS.  There was also an issue of some random pages not being published, but all of those cleared up as well.  It's as if the CMS needed time to catch up.

BTW, The logging we already had in place returned no errors at all.  One error that was returned by the CMS during the import didn't appear to be connected:

ERROR EPiServer.Find.Cms.ContentEventIndexer: An exception occurred while indexing (IContent). The 'RelatedContent' function could not be evaluated for Content: 2593. Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Page 2593 had no problems when I checked it.

So, all is good.  👍  Thanks for your quick responses!

Dec 31, 2020 15:00
Vote:

So were you able to resolve the issue of time period elapsed? 

Jan 03, 2021 13:42
Jim - Jan 12, 2021 18:54
No, it still happens, but it doesn't seem to have any impact on whether the page gets created. The process can be slow sometimes, but it seems that the imports work just fine.
Vote:

Hi Jim, you can try these troubleshooting steps within DXP environment (in below link)

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/digital-experience-platform/troubleshooting/

There are different ways to troubleshoot in DXP environment. You can try any of them, but before that you will need to raise a request to Epi for the access to Azure portal. For that, follow this link

https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/digital-experience-platform/creating-an-episerver-cloud-account/

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Jan 13, 2021 5:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.