Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Increased padding = increased scrolling while working

Vote:

The new design of the CMS editor GUI (11.14/11.23) has some pros, and several cons:

1. The worst of it is the increased padding - padding has been increased with 100%, i.e. DOUBLED (between elements in height) - which enhances the need of scrolling. 
  2. The color changes (e.g. removing the orange accent color) also makes it harder to see folders, structure and status of pages. 

The primary purpose with the EditorGUI is to simplify the editor's work - not to make it 'neat' and more difficult to work in.

So please, add at least an option to make these 'new features' voluntary, i.e. so that you can select if you want to add it or not.

Mar 31, 2020 8:33
Vote:

Hi Gunilla,

I realize this isn't what you were requestingbut—both of the issues you raise could easily be solved by adding some of your own styling.

If I take you first complaint as an example:

1. 1. Add the following to your module.config (or create it if it doesn't exist):
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <module>
      <clientResources>
        <add name="epi-cms.widgets.base" path="~/ClientResources/Styles/UiCustomization.css" resourceType="Style" />
      </clientResources>
    </module>

2. Add the styling (should be at the path specified in your module.config):
    .Sleek .epi-form-container__section__row {
        padding: 8px 16px !important;
    }

That's it! This should (I didn't actually verify) reduce the padding between properties down to 8px. The second issue could be handled by exactly the same approach, you can just add the necessary CSS.

I wouldn't hold my breath with regards to the whole UI refresh being made optional, seems like this would add a lot of maintenance effort.

Mar 31, 2020 16:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.