Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Web Socket connection problem. Real-time connection could not be establish with this server.

Vote:

Trying to set up an episerver on production servers.    Getting this error through out the admin.    I have Episerver 11.14.1.0.

Real-time Updates
A real-time connection could not be established with the server. This may be caused by incorrect configuration. Please see the User interface section in the user guide for further information.

In chrome, I am seeing:

widgets.js:2 WebSocket connection to 'wss://blue.mydomain.com/EPiServer/Shell/socket/endpoint/' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 200

I've had this problem before and it's been fixed by enabling Web Socket Protocol in features.    However it's still doing that here.   I'm confirmed the install of Web Socket Protocol.   Wondering if the firewall is blocking this if a port needs to be enabled.    Not sure what's going on here.

May 13, 2020 0:28
Vote:

In addition, this is a multiple web server configuration using a Barracuda load balancer.    It turns out, everything works when I am directly connected to one of the web servers.   However it is not working when connected to the load balancer.    When I did some research, Barracuda does have a setting to turn on Websockets.

https://campus.barracuda.com/product/webapplicationfirewall/doc/49054741/how-to-enable-websocket/

We followed these instructions to turn it on, but are still having the issue.

May 13, 2020 1:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.