Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Difficult to write plugins with dependencies to TinyMce in CMS 12

Dan
Dan
Vote:

When writing plugins to CMS12 that adds buttons to the TinyMCE editor you need to modify the configuration of the TinyMceConfiguration class during startup.

Problem is that when I need the TinyMceConfiguration class, I need to add a dependency to EPiServer.CMS.TinyMce NuGet package.

I have two problems with the EPiServer.CMS.TinyMce package.

1. It includes content files and when I create a plugin, I would prefer to add dependencies to a "Core" package that only contains the "data" classes that I need to get access to.
    In my case, I only need access to the EPiServer.Cms.TinyMce.Core.TinyMceConfiguration class
  2. It has a large dependency graph, for instance, it depends on the EPiServer.CMS.UI package (that in turn also includes a lot of content files, adding to problem issue 1)

I would suggest splitting the TinyMce package into a UI and a Core package to reduce issues 1 and 2 for this architecture.

Oct 25, 2021 11:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.