Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom User Profile properties used in Visitor Group Criteria

Vote:

We have extended the EPiServerProfile via Entity Framework, and those additional fields are showing to the CMS editors when they set up a visitor group based on the Site Criteria > User Profile criterion. We have added the new fields to the web.config under <profile> <properties> appropriately per the data type. The default provider is the appropriate provider mapped to the database that holds the same custom fields. Unfortunately, the visitor groups, for as many tests as I can do, show the negative or unknown value for those fields.

Example: 

• We have a class ("CustomEPiProfile") that inherits EPiServerProfile and adds custom fields.
  • The custom fields are stored in an Entity Framework table within the CMS or Commerce database.
  • When a user logs in, they receive their EPiServerProfile and also their CustomEPiProfile fields from the custom table.
  • We added the custom fields under <profile><properties> in the web.config.
  • CMS editors can set up visitor groups based on the standard Site Criteria>User Profile and the dropdown of fields for User Profile shows those custom fields
  • Those visitor groups are not responding accurately to the data that the User Profile holds. (i.e. custom field is "IsPartner". In the database it's showing as "true". Visitor group says "false")

The problem, I think, is that the engine for determining whether the criteria is valid isn't returning what it should. I am not sure if it's an indexing issue, or a configuration issue, or what?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

CMS EPi 11.20.6
Commerce 13.30

Nov 10, 2021 8:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.