Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is it possible to customize the fields within linkitemcollection or extend it to add one more field for collection

Vote:

Hello,

Can we add one more field to linkitemcollection edit links widget section as we have in this link, it's not adding the new field to linkitemcollection when I use linkitemdescriptor as in attached link. Can we extend the linkitemcollection?

Thanks,

Deepa

Dec 21, 2021 13:25
Vote:

Hi

If I understand correctly, you would like a display option upon your linkitemcollection is that correct?

If so you could approach this a different way:

1. Create a block with a linkitemcollection property.
  2. Control the block display options as discussed here.

This way you don't have to get into creating a custom property. Draw back maybe on the editorial side, that it dosn't feel fluid.

Dec 22, 2021 8:54
Deepa Puranik - Dec 22, 2021 8:58
Thank you.
I want to know if we can add new fields for linkitemcollection like one more textbox after link title, is it possible to do that?
Paul McGann (Netcel) - Dec 23, 2021 9:32
Yeah it can certainly be done as Optimizely is quite extendible, have a look at this blog post it is more recent than the one you referenced https://jakejon.es/blog/adding-a-telephone-link-option-to-the-episerver-link-editor
Vote:

Hello,

Can anyone help to answer is it possible to add one more field to linkitemcollection link item widget?

We followed this blog and it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you,

Deepa

Dec 23, 2021 8:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.