Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problems getting rid of DynamicContent functionality

Vote:

Hi everyone,

I have a specific problem getting rid of some functionality that used to be present in Episerver, namely Dynamic Content. This functionality is only compatbile when using the TinyMCE editor before version 2.0.

In the mean time i have upgraded the rest of Episerver to latest version. Now i want to updgrade the TinyMCE to the latest version as well, but the inclusion of Dynamic Content prevents me to do this.

By uninstalling the nuget package and removing any DynamicContent references i hoped to get it running, but sadly an error keeps popping up, stating that it's still looking for Dynamic Content dll.

I found another post:

https://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Developer-to-developer/Thread-Container/2018/3/tinymce-after-update-causing-errors/

But sadly all of the fixes don't work. It seems like somewhere Episerver is still referring to the Dynamic Content. I recall that in the past there were also references to dll's in the Database. Is this perhaps still the case or is it something else?

Kind regards,

Ron

Mar 19, 2021 14:10
Vote:

Can you please confirm which version of cms & tinymce you are using?

Mar 21, 2021 21:51
Vote:

I have installed the latest version of Episerver CMS (11.20.5) that i found in March. I do have an old version of TinyMCE V1.1.0 to be able to use the DynamicContent v1.0.1 package.

Mar 22, 2021 8:53
Vote:

Actually my final goal is upgrading to a recent version of TinyMCE. But as it seems the correct order to get it working is:

• Remove DynamicContent plugin and it's references in code
  • Upgrade the TinyMCE plugin to a more recent version.

It appears i get stuck in between the 2 tasks. When i remove the DynamicContent plugin, the solution builds... however when i debug the solution it directly crashes with:

'Cannot load assembly EpiServer DynamicContent or one of its dependencies......' (actually the error is in Dutch)

I did remove the reference in Web.config, but it appears there are also references somewhere else (not in c# code?). I do recall having to 'clean up' some of the database with another issue, since references to dll's were found in de SQL Database.

Also we have some users that used to implement the Dynamic Content functionality, we choose to stop the support for it to be able to upgrade to a recent TinyMCE

Is that something that might create the problem? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

Apr 19, 2021 10:24
Vote:

Hmmm nevermind....it appears i had a dynamiccontent setting in Web.config in protectedmodules still referring to dynamiccontent after uninstalling... that solved it for me..

Apr 19, 2021 13:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.