Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visitor Groups and [ContentOuputCache]

Vote:

I am attempting to extend the ContentOutputCache to play friendly with Visitor Groups.  I found this blog post, and although it's 7 years old it does explain the problem and provides a potential solution: https://www.david-tec.com/2014/03/Enabling-output-caching-on-an-EPiServer-site-that-uses-Visitor-Groups/

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get this to work locally.  Is there a recommended way of extending Episerver such that pages can be cached for performance but the site still leverage VisitorGroups for behavior based personalization?

Mar 15, 2021 19:15
Vote:

Hey Dylan,

Our caching implementation is based on that exact example. We worked with EPi directly to implement it. We needed to extend it further to take into consideration multi-site and multi-language, but it works nicely.

What bit isn't working for you?

Alex

Mar 19, 2021 8:02
Dylan McCurry - Mar 21, 2021 17:13
When debugging it locally, it appears that the .IsPrincipalInGroup() function always returns false for the user. It seems as if something isn't initialized properly at the time the method is executing from Global.asax.cs. I will give it another look though.

Thanks for the reply!
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.