Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Are there any drawbacks of setting stringDelayedLoadThreshold to 0?

Vote:

We had to change the value to 0 since we are using Imagevault.Episerver package and MediaReferenceList<MediaReference> properties from Imagevault.Episerver are not loaded correctly (loading as null), if the underlying string property length is over the stringDelayedLoadThreshold.

So my question is, apart from the already mentioned performance drawbacks, is there any reason why we shouldn't set the property to 0? Will it affect any other areas of the system?

Some keywords for fellow developers who might run into this issue in the future as I spent couple of days with this issue but the following search phrases did not give any results:

• Imagevault MediaReferenceList is loaded / coming as null
  • Imagevault gallery won't load
  • Backing type PropertyMediaList does not deserialize
Apr 09, 2021 7:59
Vote:

pls share code

Oct 17, 2022 12:13
Vote:

According to imagevault documentation a list property should declared as

[BackingType(typeof(PropertyMediaList))]
        public virtual MediaReferenceList<MediaReference> MediaList { get; set; }

But PropertyMediaList & MediaReferenceList are not identified.

How do you declare a list of mediareferences on a page/block?

Oct 18, 2022 18:48
Vote:

I just see that propertymedialist is no longer supported and IV recommends to use Media in a block

Oct 18, 2022 19:06
Vote:

Changing this value hasn't affected anything that we have noticed since I started this thread in April 2021. It is correct that PropertyMediaList is not supported anymore but you know how it is with legacy projects.

Oct 19, 2022 6:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.