Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Searching in ImagePicker (ContentRef. property) with UIHint.image also displays generic files

Vote:

Episerver CMS version: 11.20.3.0

Hi,

We have a ContentReference property with the [UIHint(UIHint.Image)] attribute set on it.

When inside the CMS and choosing a new image to this property, the imagepicker window pops up and there we get a list of images - which is what we want. But when we are searching for images using the search bar in the top, not only images appears, but generic files as well. We want this search to only display image files. Any ideas how this can be done? In the last image here you can see that we get .rtf files, but we can also get .txt files, .pdf files and so on in this search result.

---

---

---

Jun 09, 2021 11:44
Vote:

Excellent question!

I'm not sure this can be done, but in my opinion it should work just the way you want it to work.

Registerer it as a feature request on https://feedback.episerver.com/ - and you'll get my vote!

Jun 09, 2021 21:41
Vote:

Yes I would expect it to work that way.. At least it's not possible to click on generic files and "OK" to add them (OK button will be greyed out).

Thanks for answering, I will add it as a feature request.

Jun 10, 2021 7:14
Tomas Hensrud Gulla - Jun 10, 2021 7:16
When selecting generic files, the "OK" button is greyed out because of:
[AllowedTypes(typeof(ImageFile))]
Respiant - Jun 10, 2021 7:17
Yes exactly. Thanks :)
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.