Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to order a PropertyListBase<T> with drag and drop?

Vote:

Hello,

we are using many key-value properties which are using a CollectionEditorDescriptor<T> like this:

[Display(Name = "Available values",
    Description = "Available values")]
[EditorDescriptor(EditorDescriptorType = typeof(CollectionEditorDescriptor<JiraFormFieldDropdownEntry>))]
public virtual IList<JiraFormFieldDropdownEntry> DropdownEntries { get; set; }

Therefore we inherit a class from PropertyListBase<T> like here:

[UsedImplicitly]
[PropertyDefinitionTypePlugIn]
public class JiraFormFieldDropdownEntryListProperty : PropertyListBase<JiraFormFieldDropdownEntry>
{
}

It looks like this in the CMS:

Now the customer wants to be able to change the order of the key-values via drag & drop. This was not supported 2016.

Is this supported in CMS 11.23.3.0? At least the UI looks so, you can drag&drop items but without any effect. Or do i have to implement a custom dojo widget? If so, how would i do this?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Edited, Jul 08, 2021 10:42
Scott Reed - Jul 08, 2021 10:57
Beat me to it, and it's an article from a dev in my company!!
Tim Schmelter - Jul 08, 2021 11:14
Thanks. I will have a look at it. Note that i have added a screenshot to my question. Are we talking about the same sort-by-dragndrop feature, so the similar functionality what you have with this dialogue and the (slow) move-up/move-down but as drag & drop? What in this dojo widget is causing the update in the backend?
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.