Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Optimizely DXP hosted site is giving a "EPiServer.Search.Cms" issue in Admin tab

Vote:

Hi,

I have deployed my site to the Optimizely DXP.

However, I am getting the below issue (Left side area is not loading) in the CMS Admin Tab. (The CMS Edit tab is working as expected).

The logs state this,

As I have understood, it tries to access the 'EPiServer.Search.Cms' assemblies. However, in the Optimizely documentation, it does not state to install this 'EPiServer.Search.Cms' package to cloud hosted sites.

"For non-cloud environments, you can use basic query-based search features, based on the Lucene search engine. To use this search functionality, the NuGet packages EPiServer.Search.Cms and EPiServer.Search must be installed" - https://world.episerver.com/documentation/developer-guides/CMS/search/

Anything I can do to eliminate the above issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

My configuration is as below,

"EPiServer.CMS.Core" version="11.20.7"

"EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core" version="11.35.3"

"EPiServer.Find.CMS" version="13.4.4"

"EPiServer.Azure" version="10.0.1"

Edited, Jul 14, 2021 11:11
Vote:

Firstly yes, you only need Find for both the CMS search and the front end search capibilities. But you need to make sure all of the old cms search sections are removed from your web config and it's turned off.

Have you tested your code locally

Have you made sure the transforms are all set up correctly to have all the search elements removed

Are you sure your pacakge if using the Deployment API is correct. Else if using the old way via FTP or WebDeploy that what's on Integration (check via FTP) is correct.

Jul 14, 2021 12:09
- Jul 14, 2021 17:54
Thanks. This worked. I was trying to type a descriptive comment. But submitting this comment fails.
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.