Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can we integrate already developed MVC.Area(with standard MVC) in EPiServer Solution?

Vote:

I just want to integrate an already devloped MVC.Area componet in our EpiServer Solution. We have already a EPiserver Solution and already two webapplication are working fine and now i just want to use the already devloped MVC.Area section as an another application in EPiServer. Is it possible or any possible solution to work-around it in our EPiServer solution?

Edited, Sep 12, 2021 15:23
Chris Sharp - Sep 13, 2021 15:48
When you say web application, do you mean a site within a multi-site Episerver solution? You already have two sites set up?
- Sep 13, 2021 15:51
Yes @Chris Sharp, absolutely.. we have two sites already and planning to add another one which is already built-in MVC Areas.
Vote:

Hey Rajveer! I created a blog post series on how I recently architected a multi-site solution using MVC Areas: https://www.cjsharp.com/blog/2021/01/04/multi-site-episerver-solutions-using-mvc-areas/. Without knowing what the current codebase looks like and without knowing how you are curring using MVC areas, take that blog post with a grain of salt, and use it as a general guide. :) In most cases, you shouldn't have any issues using MVC Areas to separate out a site. I think the most important part to make this work is setting the RouteData.DataTokens["area"] value in the OnActionExecuting() filter method, and it should be set to the name of your Area. You'll also notice in the blog post that you don't need MVC's out-of-the-box area routing that's generated in the RegisterArea() method.

Sep 13, 2021 15:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.