Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is there a hard limit on the number of blocks that an EPiServer page can hold?

Vote:

Hi,

Is there a hard limit on the number of blocks that an EPiServer page can hold?

2 instances includes

1- Block with parent child hierarchy(Carousal block & Carousal Item block) - This includes 100+ Carousal Blocks on a single page.

2- Block with a single parent (Carousal block)and multiple child(Carousal Item block)-1 Carousal Block with 100+ Carousal Item blocks 

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Farhin.

Sep 10, 2021 10:09
Vote:

Hello Farhin,

I don't believe there is a hard limit within a CMS for the number of content items within a content area.

I would however suggest that this is a red flag for performance as each content item used is a content item to load from the database/cache and to be verified as accessible by the user, I'd definitely recommend the use of Content Output Caching here.  It will also mean that you're likely adding a large number of elements to your DOM which will result in a reduced performance score in Lighthouse and potentially negatively affecting the SEO impact of the page in question.

Sep 10, 2021 10:43
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.