Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Manage Website Question URL

Vote:

We had a development agency set up an instance of the CMS with the view that it would be a multisite CMS. They have not provided any documentation or training and will not do so unless we pay additional costs. We have one website live and we would like to spin up another site within the CMS.

Our current website has the url as follows (where xxx is a client id):

https://xxxxxxx.dxcloud.episerver.net/

• I have gone to the Admin > Config > System Configuration > Manage Websites
  • I have created a new website and inserted a name using the same URL with a "/name/" at the end but I get an error message saying the address is already used
  • I have created a new website using extension "/name/" on its own but then I get an error message saying that it is not a valid URL
  • I have create a new website using a different URL (external), and then selected a starting page. However, when I go into the site I am redirected to the external URL and not the page I want to edit. 

I have searched the episever/optimizely user guide and it doesn't cover this in the manage website section.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is there a way to create a new website using the same or other internal address until an external domain name is pointed to site?
  2. If using an external URL, I presume that it needs to be pointed to the episerver instance. If so, could someone direct me to what I need to do to arrange this.

Thank you in advance

Sep 03, 2021 7:40
Vote:

You can't set up separate sites for existing mapped domains. The multi site needs to be a mapping of a separate domain to a start page.

Often most of the time people use subdomains or other full domains.

Are you on the DXP? Is so Optimizely need to set up the domain with you for any new added domains, you'll be best firing a support request to them and they can guide you. If you're on your own infrastructure you just point your domains to the instances you host on or load balancer / gateway.

Edited, Sep 03, 2021 8:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.