Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS 11.20: Impersonate a Content Author - Troubleshooting

Vote:

Hi Devs,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a content author's inability to edit a page that I have given his group's access rights to Read, Create and Change for this particular page.  He can open it and see the blocks on the page, but there is no Edit in the hamburger menu of the blocks.  I'd like to be able to log in as this same type of user to emulate what they're experiencing.  We use SSO with Active Directory.  I don't want to ask for the user's credentials to log in as him to test.  Our IT team is citing 'policy' and thus far is refusing to set me up with a test AD group and user.  Is there a way that I can impersonate a content author?  Any other suggestions as how to approach this?

Thanks,

Bob

Feb 01, 2022 16:50
Vote:

Partner Verndale has an "Impersonate Users" plugin -- I haven't tried it, but there's a chance it'll work for testing editor users too.

For your specific problem: are those blocks created under "For This Page", or are they in a separate folder? If the latter, make sure the access rights on that folder are set up correctly to give the user edit access -- CMS > Admin > Set Access Rights > browse to the folder in the tree and check the permissions. (It'll be under "For All Sites" if you're not using site-specific assets, and "For This Site" if you are.)

Feb 01, 2022 20:30
Vote:

Hi Daniel,

I appreciate the info.  I'll certainly look into it.

Thanks,

Bob

Feb 03, 2022 17:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.