Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Data indexing not working

Vote:

Hi,

Having a bit of a problem with my CatalogIndexBuilder, when clicking the "Rebuild Index" I get.

2012-02-15 16:13:24: CatalogIndexBuilder Finished
Operation Log:

2012-02-15 16:13:24: CatalogIndexBuilder Finished
2012-02-15 16:13:24: CatalogIndexBuilder Indexed 0 language records in 1 catalog(s)
2012-02-15 16:13:24: Indexing Byggbeslag catalog ...
2012-02-15 16:13:24: CatalogIndexBuilder Started

As clearly seen nothing gets indexed at all.

If clicking the "Build Index" button I sometimes, but not always, get

2012-02-15 16:22:31: Build Failed using "catalog" indexer. "no segments* file found in Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory@G:\Specialprojekt\xxx\Sites\EPiServerCommerceManager\App_Data\SearchIndex\catalog: files:" 

My Mediachase.Search.config lookes like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Mediachase.Search>
  <SearchProviders defaultProvider="LuceneSearchProvider">
    <providers>
      <!--
      Lucene Search Provider - file based search library
      -->
      <add name="LuceneSearchProvider" 
           type="Mediachase.Search.Providers.Lucene.LuceneSearchProvider, Mediachase.Search.LuceneSearchProvider" 
           queryBuilderType="Mediachase.Search.Providers.Lucene.LuceneSearchQueryBuilder, Mediachase.Search.LuceneSearchProvider" 
           storage="G:\Specialprojekt\xxx\Sites\EPiServerCommerceManager\App_Data\SearchIndex" />
    </providers>
  </SearchProviders>
  <Indexers basePath="G:\Specialprojekt\xxx\Sites\EPiServerCommerceManager\App_Data\SearchIndex">
    <add name="catalog" type="Mediachase.Search.Extensions.Indexers.CatalogIndexBuilder, Mediachase.Search.Extensions" />
  </Indexers>
</Mediachase.Search>

I have a catalog with about 1000 products and 9000 variants with about 150 different meta fields and 30 different meta classes. All divided in about 100 nodes. All classes and fields have been created programmatically, I have ensured that about 10 of the meta fields are searchable and have also created a field manually and added this to some of the classes. But no...

Any advice where I should start looking?

Thanks

Feb 15, 2012 16:25
Vote:

Solved by editing the stored procedure ecf_CatalogEntrySearch_Init in the Commerce Manager Database

Alter 'Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog' to 'Mediachase.MetaDataPlus'

Works!

Thanks you EPiServer Developer Support for helping me out with this

Feb 22, 2012 9:47
Vote:

HI

I seem to be having the same problem. There does not seem to be a stored proc named "ecf_CatalogEntrySearch_Init" in my db. I am using episerver commerce R2 SP1.

Kind regards

Sandeep

Apr 15, 2013 1:37
Vote:

I've just got this issue too. I've found the sp, but cannot find 'Mediachase.Commerce.Catalog' anywhere in the SP. What exactly is it that I need to edit.

Using Commece R3, and my complete error message looks like this:

Build Failed using "catalog" indexer. "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Description' Key being added: 'Description'"

Nov 29, 2013 10:20
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.