Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Setting up a Commerce Visual Studio Solution for Source Control

Vote:

I am in the process of the intitial setup of my solution, including EPiServer Commerce, in Visual Studio 2010. It should of course be easy to share and setup for all developers in the team (which includes offshore developers).

I need to make changes shared as well (C:\EPiServer\eCommerceFramework\5.2\EPiServerCommerceManager\Shared).

How should i carry out this task? There must be a few out there with experience regarding this.

Mar 13, 2012 14:48
Vote:

We've started to keep the Shared folder checked in together with the rest of the project files, but not inluded in the solution. When config changes etc are needed we have them versioned in the project workspace. In general we mainly only update the view configs and then create new modified controls that we keep in an "additions" project with compile output to the managers bin folder.

I guess it would be fairly easy to setup some build task taking care of moving any new controls etc. that needs to be moved into the Shared folder structure.

Mar 16, 2012 14:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.