Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Product list pages are loaded very slow on IIS 6

Vote:

Hi there!

It seems that caching isn't working on my EpiServer Commerce website. When I'm trying to view a product list page, it takes a long time (sometimes up to a minute) to show the page. I think it's because the images aren't cached. I've pretty large images ( 1 - 2 MB), but the images are resized with the MetaImage control :

<cms:MetaImage ID="CatalogImage" ShowThumbImage="true" OpenFullImage="false" PropertyName="PrimaryImage" DataSource='<%#Eval("ItemAttributes.Images")%>' runat="server" />

The website is running on IIS 6.0, I think there is a problem with a configuration setting, because the test website was running on IIS 7 and don't has a problem with loading the product list pages.

Hope that somebody knows the answer.

Mar 28, 2012 12:25
Vote:

Is the IIS6 site your on your development box.  I would imagine it might be the mode in which your application pool is running.

Mar 29, 2012 20:33
Vote:

Found the solution, it wasn't caching or something related to that. It seems that the web server was hosted in another segment (with limited bandwidth) then our database server. That in combination that we had some huge images in the database was de reason for the slow performance.

Mar 30, 2012 17:41
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.