Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Metafield values on shipments are shown where in the commerce manager?

Vote:

Subject says it all..

I can see metafield values on the ordergroup in "Meta data" section

Do we really need to override the view?

Jun 27, 2012 8:12
Vote:

Hi Palle,

I'm not sure exactly which meta fields you're referring to and what you're trying to accomplish. Can you specify an example screen in Commerce Manager?

Jun 29, 2012 1:33
Vote:

Sure thing.

For example i add a metafield called DeliveryDate (type: datetime). When i create the shipment i specify this date shipment["DeliveryDate"] = myDate.

This field (and value) is rendered nowhere in the commerce manager as i see it, and i guess we need to override the PurchaseOrder-ObjectView if we want to render it.

I am actually considering not to override the view, but make a complete new one. I also need other customizations, and i really to think its easier to create stuff for my self than trying to override/change the existing codebase.

Oh and here is a screenshot from the view i where i want the information to be shown

Edited, Jun 29, 2012 8:01
Vote:

It seems likely that you have to modify the PurchaseOrder-ObjectView.xml in order to render new meta fields because there is no way to modify the meta fields on that page you showed via Commerce Manager alone. 

Jul 03, 2012 4:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.