Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalogue permission

Vote:

Hi

I am exploring the different options of setting up the readonly permissions on catalog items such as products / variants . As a first out of box option I created a new group say 'CatalogReadOnly' and assign only 'View' permission on Nodes and Entries for Catalog.

When I log in as a user of this group , there is no icon for edit against the products and variants . But interestingly when I click on the product / variant name - it opens the usual product / variant edit screen and allows to edit the information . This should not be expected for 'View' only permission ?

Can I someone please suggest if different steps need to be taken to achieve the view only behavior ?

Also - Is there any way to set the permissions (View or Edit) on individual meta fields for product such as for certain users I dont want to give the edit options for all the properties in product edit screen.

Please advise.

Regards,

Muhammad

Jul 26, 2012 13:36
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.