Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

how to set catalog level restriction to users in ecommerce?

Vote:

HI All,

I want to restrict specific Catalog for a group of users. Ideally i wanted to do it based on Role. For example If there are two catalogs A,B. only users belong to 'X' should see Catalog A, and they should not see or edit Catalog B.

Out of box we dont have that restriction, We can only restrict at all catalog level. But restricting specific catalog to specific group of users is my concern. Can any body tell me solution or guide me what to do to achieve it.

Thanks in advance

Nani

Nov 12, 2013 15:26
Vote:

Hi,

http://docs.mediachase.com/display/ecf52devguide/Catalog+Object+Model+and+Database+Diagram

May be worthy to dig in CatalogConfiguratin and CatalogRoles Classes.

/K

Nov 13, 2013 15:30
Vote:

Hi @Khan,

Thanks for quick response, i have looked at the database diagrams. I got some insight in that , I want to implement security in ecommerce manager interface , how can i do that ? any approach that you can suggest ?

Thanks

Nani

Nov 14, 2013 8:58
Vote:

Hi,

If you Click On Roles From Customer Manager tab, you will see list of roles where you can create your own roles also. You can limit access to differnt areas of Commerce manager Depending on the roles. User acceesibility will depend on Role assigned to him.

Regards

/K

Nov 14, 2013 12:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.