Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Allow multiple users with same email (1 R3)

Vote:

Hi

I need to allow same email for multiple users. The default configuration doesn't allow it so I changed every membershipprovider's requiresUniqueEmai="true" to requiresUniqueEmail="false" (in CMS and Commerce Manager sites). 

But that didn't help. Commerce Manager doesn't allow me to change user email to one that's already in use.

Are there more configs that require update, or is this impossible with Episerver Commerce?

Jan 09, 2014 12:53
Vote:

Save it as profile information instead on the user using EPiServer.Profile...?

Jan 09, 2014 13:29
Vote:

I wan't to keep all the email properties in-sync (membership email + profile email). Otherwise it gets too complex to handle.

Jan 09, 2014 13:54
Vote:

Hi,

This is defined by code, then unfortunately you can't update through Commerce Manager UI. We will consider your requirement as a feature request and it might be implemented in next release.

Regards.

/Q

Jan 10, 2014 2:51
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.