Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deleting products from commerce manager leaves versions in CMS

Vote:

Deleting products using the Commerce Manager doesn't remove the versions from the bigtable database table for me.

When i try to create a variation or a node with the same name/url/code as the deleted product, the CMS will give an error saying that the url for the product is already in use.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the versions? They are nowhere to be seen in the CMS or Commerce manager. 

Feb 18, 2014 8:44
Vote:

Hi,

I just tested and the data stored in DDS is cleared properly. The error you've been seeing might be caused by a faulty site/settings which make the synchronization between eCF and CMS did not work as intended. Please try again with clean Sample site to see if it works for you.

Regards.

/Q

Feb 18, 2014 8:55
Vote:

Any suggestions which settings affect the integration of the CMS and Commerce? Is there any setting concerning the versions of content? I have to fix this version of the site. 

Feb 18, 2014 8:59
Vote:

The first thing I'm thinking is about missing EPiServer.Business.Commerce.dll in bin folder of CommerceManager, which take responsibility to handle the synchronization. Please check it there. You can zip your folder site and email to me if needed (quma at episerver.com).

The second thing should be check the connectionStrings.config to see if EPiServerDB is set properly there.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Feb 18, 2014 9:15
Vote:

The dll is in its place and the connection string for episerver db is set up correctly in the config files. I tried and the commerce manager throws an exception if the DB information is incorrect.

I tried deleting the node through CMS and the same thing happens, some versions are left in the tblBigTable with the name/url of the node.

Feb 18, 2014 11:57
Vote:

Then you can turn on the log and see if any exception is thrown when you delete a node/entry. :). I can help to analyse the log.

Regards.

/Q

Feb 18, 2014 12:08
Vote:

After some testing I noticed cannot find the conflicting version from the tblBigTable.

The error given is: "Name in URL" with value "product-x" is already in use by Product X (1073741915_1_CatalogContent).

The current (right) node is 1073741928__CatalogContent.

There is no other versions in the tblBigTable with the same URL. At least not in the same string field.
Edited, Feb 18, 2014 12:26
Vote:

Okay, I recycled the application pool and it now allows me to publish. Apparently the old version was somehow still in cache.
However this does not solve the problem of the versions not being deleted through the commerce manager.

Feb 18, 2014 12:43
Vote:

Hi,

I need more detail about your website: assuming you're using 7,5, do you apply any patch via nuget?

After you delete a catalog entry in Commerce manager, is it deleted when you go to new Catalog view of front-end site?

/Q

Feb 18, 2014 15:47
Vote:

I managed to delete the old versions. I haven't been able to replicate the problem again. I assume it only occured once for some reason.

Feb 26, 2014 16:58
Vote:

Sorry to ressurect a thread, but I am running into the same issue you reported Ville.  Do you happen to remember how you managed to delete the old versions?

May 01, 2014 17:39
tss
Vote:

I dont think the issue is in Commerce Manager, I am only using the new API and am having issues with old versions left over when updating products and categories.

14 days ago we configured our production environment to run as it should when our site launches, we import products and categories every day for 3 different countries with about 250 categories and 2500 products.

in DEV our EPiServer database fills about 700MB but in production it has grown to almost 10GB and that is caused by the integration running everyday.

the tblBigTable has over 500000 rows in production and only 34000 in DEV, but the same amount of categories and products.

Is there some way to clean up tblDigTable?

Edited, May 06, 2014 12:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.