Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Promotion Name Max Length Error

Vote:

Hi

I received the following error message when promotion name exceeded the max length, the commerce UI didn't validate the length before saving the promotion into db.

Cannot set column 'Name'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of this column.

Is it possible to increase the promotion name max length? I changed name length from promotion table and reset the IIS, it's still showing the same error.

EPiServer commerce environment

Commerce 1R2 SP2

Thanks

Jun 23, 2014 4:23
Vote:

Error screen link is attached as insert image is not working at all

http://oi61.tinypic.com/w0p81u.jpg

Edited, Jun 23, 2014 4:27
Vote:

Hi,

The validation is done in DTO level, so unfortunately you'll not be able to adjust the maxlength column in database to solve this problem.

For R2SP2, we already limited the length you can input to 50 characters, how did you get pass the limitation?

Regards.

/Q

Jun 24, 2014 16:40
Vote:

I entered the promotion name via the Commerce UI, it didn't validate the name length. After the promotion created, the promotion page crashed and displayed yellow screen error and no one could create any new promotion until we manually deleted/updated the promotion name from database. 

Jun 25, 2014 3:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.