Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deleting a product also deletes order LineItems

Vote:

Hi,

If I buy a single product, then delete it from Commerce, and then add the shipment to a pick list in Commerce Manager, I get an empty pick list and the shipment and LineItem is deleted from the pending order.

Is this expected behavior? The product/sku is converted to a LineItem when you add it to the cart so that changes in prices and availability won't affect existing orders, but I thougth this also applied when deleting a product?

Lars

Nov 04, 2015 14:38
Vote:

That sounds like a bug for me. Commerce 8.12 Or ealier has this bug: http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Release-Notes/ReleaseNote/?releaseNoteId=126144

In Commerce 8.13 Or later , if you delete the variation, when you open the order again, it will display a warning message like this "You cannot edit line item Tops-Sweaters-Cashmere-Black-ExtraLarge because its enty has been removed or its code has been changed.". 

I would recommend you to update to latest version to see if fix the problem for you.

Regards.

/Q

Nov 06, 2015 13:13
Vote:

Hi,

We're running Commerce 8.16 at the moment, but we're planning to upgrade to 9.2 soon. I'll let you know if this fixes the problem.

Thanks!

Lars

Nov 18, 2015 10:27
Vote:

Hi,

If you still have a problem with that. I suggest you should wait the new release comming up. Otherwise you can modified workflow a little bit. In the ValidateLineItemsActivity, you should remove a line of code at line 64.

lineItemsToRemove.Add(lineItem);

Hope that will help you.

Tuan

Apr 26, 2016 11:47
Vote:

Hi,

The original bug mentioned above was fixed several versions ago, but now we experience a different problem:

As before, we buy a product and then delete it from Commerce before we process the order. When we then process the order, the amount captured through our payment provider doesn't include taxes for the product. Is this a bug, or is Commerce dependent upon the original product to calculate the taxes? Shouldn't the taxes be copied to the line item along with the placed price and extended price?

Lars 

Aug 30, 2016 13:08
Vote:

Hi,

Your business is strange to me - but that might because I'm less informed. Shouldn't you capture the total amount (includes taxes) when the order is created?

Aug 30, 2016 13:16
Vote:

In our market (Norway) it is common to do a credit card authorization/reservation during checkout, and then do the actual capture of the money when the shipment is completed.

Lars

Aug 30, 2016 13:20
Vote:

If you call CartPrepare workflow before the order is created, then the taxes will be calculated into the order total(s). Perhaps "capture" is not a good word - it should have been "calculate" 

Aug 30, 2016 13:23
Vote:

The taxes are included in the order totals, but the Payment object sent to our Payment Gateway when a shipment is completed (this is when we do the capture of the money) is missing product tax if the product has been deleted from Commerce between placing the order and completing the shipment.

Lars

Aug 30, 2016 13:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.