Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Wrong url in on-page editing mode

Vote:

HI!

Version 7.19.2 and 8.7.1

in the new Commerce UI, i get a 404 in "on-page editing" mode in UI. the url is  

http://mygod.com:80/EPiServer/CMS/Content/en/,,5470/Products/Inspiration/Sales-Tools/Digital-print-folder-Trifold,,969__CatalogContent/?epieditmode=True

if i try to remove the comas ",," (http://mygod.com:80/EPiServer/CMS/Content/en/5470/Products/Inspiration/Sales-Tools/Digital-print-folder-Trifold,,969__CatalogContent/?epieditmode=True)

it do work. where is the problem? what does the commas mean?

I think this did work in version 7.15 and 8.2

Please help!

Feb 26, 2015 14:24
Vote:

try this, http://world.episerver.com/blogs/K-Khan-/Dates/2015/2/fix-for-a-catalog-ui-issue-in-episerver-commerce-8.7.1/
if doesnot work, Is there any excetion in log files?

Regards
/K

Edited, Feb 26, 2015 16:24
Vote:

Talking from experience, something tells me to never update to the newest version. Version CMS 7.19.2 is a headache! beeing not compatible with Commerce 8.7.1. Also when updating to the latest version you can be sure to be first with the problems to solve them yourself.... so upgrading to CMS 8 is not an option. Maybe i should downgrade to 7.19.1?

Is Commerce 8.8 compatible with cms 7.19.2?

Feb 26, 2015 16:57
Vote:

I always upgrade to Latest Commerce version as those comes with compatible testngs and gurantees dependent assemblies will work fine.
But if we upgrade CMS first and then upgrade Commerce on top of that, There are chances that CMS is a version ahead already.

/K

Edited, Feb 26, 2015 17:01
Vote:

So what you're saying is that Commerce 8.8 is compatible with cms 7.19.2?

Feb 26, 2015 17:22
Vote:

No,

Commerce 8.8 is supposed to compatible with CMS 8.x only. CMS 8.0 had breaking changes so Commerce 8.8 was updated to work with that.

Is CMS 7.19.2 a must have for you? 

/Q

Feb 26, 2015 17:56
Vote:

Hello Quan,

No, 7.19.2 is not important for us. Is just that its always time consuming between the upgrades, as it was between 7.15 and 7.19. I don't want to go from one bug to another new one. Remember im in the process to upgrade from 6r2 to 7.19. Many steps.

Now to my question: is this bug with commas ",," something i can do anything about? even one comma is working, but not two.

Feb 27, 2015 10:17
Vote:

Hi,

Honestly I'm not sure what is wrong, but the default url of catalog UI should looks like this:

http://commercedev/EPiServer/Commerce/Catalog#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///19__CatalogContent

So I guess your site has issues with Path and routing. Do you have any custom routing registered?

Regards.

/Q

Feb 27, 2015 10:27
Vote:

The main url looks like that (in your example). But my problem is in the "frame" when clicking "on page editing" on one specific product in the new Catalog UI. Editing properties works. Understood?

No custom routing.

Edited, Feb 27, 2015 10:31
Vote:

Have you gone through data migration process after upgrade?
http://mygod.com:80/EPiServer/Commerce/Migrate

Regards
/K

Feb 27, 2015 10:35
Vote:

The data migration steps are mandatory and you must/should go through it before doing any other tasks.

@Lucster: Can you post and screenshot with HTTP requests?

/Q

PS: Yes, there's trick to skip migration steps but we recommend to migrate your data :).

Feb 27, 2015 11:04
Vote:

@khan Yes

It did work in version 7.15. How does the address look for you guys, if you use that same version or later?

Screenshot is comming up soon

Feb 27, 2015 11:25
Vote:

Here come a screenshot:

Product in Catalog UI

Feb 27, 2015 13:35
Vote:

Can you confirm that these enviornments are not behind some firewalls like Barracuda? I had a case for my Commerec Manager when page was 404 and blocked by he firewall.

Rgards
/K

Edited, Feb 27, 2015 15:15
Vote:

@khan No, we are working localy. but same problem on dev, test and prodserver.

Feb 27, 2015 15:18
Vote:

From the screen shot I just Noticed wildcard looks missing for ManagedPipelineHandler, Can you check all the required modules are installed on IIS7.
Confirm another thing "Where your handlers are defined in the web.config, add a <clear /> before the first item in the list"

Edited, Feb 27, 2015 15:32
Vote:

Clear is there...

Regarding Wildcard and ManagedPipelineHandler I'm not really sure about this, any idea if i missing anything?

<location path="episerver">
    <system.web>
      <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1000000" requestValidationMode="2.0" />
      <pages enableEventValidation="true" enableViewState="true" enableSessionState="true" enableViewStateMac="true">
        <controls>
          <add tagPrefix="EPiServerUI" namespace="EPiServer.UI.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer.UI" />
          <add tagPrefix="EPiServerScript" namespace="EPiServer.ClientScript.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer" />
          <add tagPrefix="EPiServerScript" namespace="EPiServer.UI.ClientScript.WebControls" assembly="EPiServer.UI" />
        </controls>
      </pages>
      <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />
      <authorization>
        <allow roles="WebEditors, WebAdmins, Administrators" />
        <deny users="*" />
      </authorization>
    </system.web>
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <clear />
        <add name="AssemblyResourceLoader-Integrated-4.0" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="PageHandlerFactory-Integrated-4.0" path="*.aspx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="SimpleHandlerFactory-Integrated-4.0" path="*.ashx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.UI.SimpleHandlerFactory" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated-4.0" path="*.asmx" verb="GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="svc-Integrated-4.0" path="*.svc" verb="*" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0" />
        <add name="wildcard" path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer.Framework" />
        <add name="StaticFileHandler" path="*" verb="*" modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Read" />
      </handlers>
    </system.webServer>
  </location>
Mar 01, 2015 21:07
Vote:

The only thing I found different was the last handler 

<add name="StaticFileHandler" path="*" verb="*" modules="StaticFileModule,DefaultDocumentModule,DirectoryListingModule" resourceType="Either" requireAccess="Read" />
      </handlers>
This should be in the system.webServer for entire site section, not in <location path="EPiServer">.
How about view mode? Ie the public view accessible by any user? 
/Q
Edited, Mar 02, 2015 7:04
Vote:

I think I can replicate your problem, but I'm not sure the root cause is the same.

Can you confirm the Content with id = 5470 is your start page? 

Regards.

/Q

Mar 02, 2015 7:30
Vote:

yes, it is the startpage of that domain (we have multisite)

Mar 02, 2015 7:38
Vote:

Then it should be 

http://mygod.com:80/EPiServer/CMS/Content/en/,,5470/<Iggesund>/Products/Inspiration/Sales-Tools/Digital-print-folder-Trifold,,969__CatalogContent/?epieditmode=True

Where Iggesund is the catalog

Don't know why it's missing.

You said no custom route, so only CatalogRouteHelper.MapDefaultHierarchialRouter(RouteCollection routes, bool enableOutgoingSeoUri)?

/Q

Mar 02, 2015 7:46
Vote:

I found the problem: RouteTable.Routes.RegisterPartialRouter(this); on a CustomContentProviderInitialitiation is causing it not to work. When I deactivate initialization of this provider it works. And that is another thread and problem of mine: http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=117993&epslanguage=en

So i guess this is a none issue as long as we havent solved the other thread. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Regarding url: You have a point. But No, that didnt make the trick. Under another catalog, the url is with "Iggesund". When i change manually this url works "mydomain.com/EPiServer/CMS/Content/en/,,,,,,135__CatalogContent/?epieditmode=True" without the 5470/ segments

Mar 02, 2015 9:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.