Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cart workflows in Azure

Vote:

Hi,

Is it correct that the cart workflows (CartValidateWorkflow, etc) are not supported in Azure? What are the alternatives and are there any samples, so I don't have to copy paste all the logic from the workflows?

Mar 11, 2015 11:30
Vote:

Hi,

No, our workflows are supported on Azure - all of them run without problem.

Regards.

/Q

Mar 11, 2015 11:34
Vote:

Ok that's good news, thanks for the quick response!

Mar 11, 2015 11:46
Vote:

Hi,

Are they still supported on Azure? I'm confused by the following paragraph in the article about commerce 9 http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Magnus-Strale/2015/4/there-will-be-a-commerce-9/

"Remove dependency on WWF (Windows Workflow Foundation), where WWF 3 that we are using is now obsoleted and (officially) not supported on Azure, We will provide a compatibility layer that allows customized workflow activities to be re-used with VERY MINOR modifications. NOTE! It will NOT be 100% source code compatible so dev resources are required for an upgrade. The positive aspect is that a number of partners have asked for / begged us to remove WWF for quite some time, so I expect this will not be such a negative thing after all."

May 01, 2015 3:58
Vote:

Hi,

The statement is in Commerce 9 we will remove dependencies on WF 3.5. The Azure support will remain the same in current version.

Scenarios are:

- If you upgrade to Commerce 9, there will be no dependencies on WF 3.5. You'll need to update your code but your site will be future-proof.

- If you keep your current version, it will continue to run on Azure until the day Azure no longer support WF libraries.

We would recommend to upgrade to Commerce 9 when it's available ASAP, not only to remove WF dependencies, but other bug fixes, new features and performance improvements.

Regards.

/Q

May 01, 2015 10:37
Vote:

Hi,

Ok thanks again for the quick response. When is the expected commerce 9 release date? And did MS said anything about when they would stop supporting WF libraries?

May 01, 2015 19:00
Vote:

Hi,

We don't have the fixed date yet, but the timeframe is about June-July.

And MS did not say anything about when they would stop supporting WF libraries, to my knowledge. 

Regards.

/Q

May 02, 2015 9:15
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.