Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Alternative to old Ratings and Comments module

Vote:

Since the old Ratings and Comments module is no longer included in Comerce as of version 8.0, I was wondering what everyone is using instead, if anything? I've seen Jonas' blog on reinstating it (http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Jonas-Bergqvist/Dates/2014/10/Comments-and-Ratings-in-Commerce-80/) but I'm reluctant to reinstate old dependencies. Also I did try that out of interest - it didn't immediately work, but rather than spend too much time fixing it I thought I'd come here to see what options there are.

Are there any similar modules available? I didn't see anything on the Nuget feed and Google hasn't been forthcoming either. It seems like this would be fairly a fairly common thing to want in a Commerce site. Has everyone just put the old Common dependency back in and got the old module working?

Jul 17, 2015 17:58
Vote:

We use an external company to collect our user comments and ratings. I simply created a business foundation object in Commerce Manager and regularly import the comments/ratings using a scheduled task. I have some caching in place for performance. Nothing fancy, but it does the job perfectly. In future I can easily expand the object and also other review sources.

Jul 20, 2015 10:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.