Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Importing variations/packages from external system (Commerce 8.14.0)

Vote:

I’m currently trying to migrate EPiServer website (CMS 6.2 and Commerce R1) to the latest versions for both products. With the new content system in Commerce, how can I import product data from external system to Commerce? The old way seems to work (CatalogDto, SaveEntry, etc.) but it doesn’t handle delayed publish content (example, ContentArea). If I delayed publish content to be visible in 3 days, how can I apply update from our external system to this delayed content?

Jul 15, 2015 16:04
Vote:

Hi,

You can use IContentRepository with CatalogContentBase (NodeContent/EntryContentBase) and so on. You might need to define the catalog content strongly typed types to use that.

Regards.

/Q

Jul 16, 2015 10:41
Vote:

Hi,

I've tried IContentRepository but this technique don’t seems to work with delayed publish. If the external system update via IContentRepository, I need to update the current version and any delayed versions.

Example

Product #123 (Current Version)

• CubicVolume = 33.35

Product #123 (Delayed version (2 days))

• TopContentArea = (Blocks added)
  • CubicVolume = 33.25 

Product #123 (Update with IContentRepository before delayed version)

• CubicVolume = 40.25

In this example, delayed version will erase any changes done by the external system since we create this version. Can we fix this issue?

Jul 16, 2015 19:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.