Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can not remove values from SEO fields

Vote:

Hi,

We have problems with update SEO fields.

For exmaple: object inherited from NodeContent.

I try to change values of SEO fields using Commerce->Catalog->Edit

1 attempt:

I added values to the Title and Description fields of SEO and published - The values were added - Good.

2 attempt:

I changed(for example added new chars) values to the Title and Description fields of SEO and published - The values were changed - Good.

3 attempt:

I removed values to the Title and Description fields of SEO and published - Values were not removed. Values were not changed in db(table CatalogItemSEO).

I checked values in object before publishing using event(PublishingContent) - object contained the new values(null).

I checked values in object after publishing using event(PublishedContent) - object contained the old values.

Does anyone know why it happened?

Version:
EPiServer.Commerce.Core.8.9.0

EPiServer.Commerce.Core.8.16.1

Sep 16, 2015 16:35
Vote:

Hi,

I think the behavior you mentioned is by design.

The SEO Url and Name in Url (Uri segment) are not supposed to be null. If you remove those values, Commerce will automatically regenerate from the content name. 

You can refer to this blog post from Son Do for more information about the auto generator:

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Son-Do/Dates/2015/3/extend-uniqueseogenerator-to-replace-seo-url-generation-in-episerver-commerce-8-9/

Regards,

.Q

Sep 16, 2015 23:19
Vote:

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

But you mean other fields.

For fields Title and Description from SeoInformation, is it bug or feature?

Best Regards.

Sep 17, 2015 10:22
Vote:

Hi,

Sorry - I misread your post. I just checked on our sample site and it works well if I removed the title/description field. 

Does that work if you remove other fields (not in SEO information)

Regards,

/Q

Sep 17, 2015 10:32
Vote:

Yes, It works on your sample site, but there is another version of Commece.

I checked on your sample site - works fine.
I checked on our two projects with different versions - doesn't work.

Could you check this case on the our versions(8.9.0, 8.16.1)?

Best Regards.

Sep 17, 2015 10:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.