Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Variant pages slow

Vote:

Hi,

we are using version 8.16.1 When hitting the variant urls, it takes about 40 seconds for the page to load.

This is on our staging server with about 4000 products (in dev the pages loads ok).

Using the debugger, it takes 40 seconds before the variant controller's constructor is called.

I've written a script to run through the catalog on the application startup to cache the entire catalogue.  Then when hitting the variant pages loads ok.

Our catalogue structure:

Catalgue => node => node => node => product

I'm fairly new to Commernce and hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Danie

Sep 15, 2015 14:40
Vote:

Hi,

40 seconds loading time is just very strange. I would suggest you to use a good profiler (dotTrace, for example) to see which uses most the time.

Regards,

/Q

Sep 15, 2015 16:24
Vote:

There are definatly some other sources that is stopping page to rendered.

You can use Fiddler also for profiling. If you still find that processing time is higher then involve your infrastructure team also. Some other source is blocking the page, it can be even some image or script also.

Regards
/K

Sep 16, 2015 11:40
Vote:

Hi all,

it was a combination of things.

1. in episerver.config we disabled the workflows (we don't use it). <workflowSettings disable="true">

2. one of our services timeouted on the page

Thanks

Sep 17, 2015 10:37
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.