Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce store credit / credit note

Vote:

Hi there

I've googled a bit but not finding any info about how best to implement store credit (or credit note) in Episerver Commerce.

Basically I just need contacts to have a balance of credits that they can spend. Is it out of the box or easy to do? Just trying to figure out if it would need to be fully custom.

Anyone have any ideas? :)

Kind regards,

Matt

Dec 04, 2016 6:06
Vote:

Hi,

I think this was demonstrated in the Episerver Ascend Nordic by my colleague Johan Hedberg (I was not there, but I saw a very early demo of "Family commerce site" - don't know if he changed it). The idea is to add a new field to the customer contact (which is a business object) or organization (also a business object) to store the "store credit". This can be deposited (when a customer redeem a gift card) or spent (when he uses it to buy something). This is of course for one currency only, but technically you can add more fields to other currencies.

Regards,

/Q

Dec 04, 2016 9:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.