Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with internal search in Commerce catalog

Vote:

Hi!

If a create a new product i cannot search for it until I have rebuilt the search index, is this correct behavior or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Our solution is built on Quicksilver. I create and publish a new product and I try to search for it wihtout success.
I then run the "Rebuild index" scheduled task and after that the product is searchable in the catalog GUI.
Shouldn't the index for internal search update when the product is created or at least when it is published?

Something wrong with my search configuration?

I actually just tried the same thing in the standars Quicksilver with the same behavior. The product is not searchable until the index is rebuilt.
If I don't publish the product and rebuild the index it is not searchable.

/Kristoffer

Edited, Dec 15, 2016 10:59
Vote:

Hi,

I suppose you are using the searchprovider? if yes, then the index processor must be running for the newly created entries to be indexed automatically. Otherwise you'll have to build/rebuild the index manually.

Check Commerce manager/Administration/Settings/Search Setting and Recover the index processor if needed (it is probably in Invalid mode now)

/Q

Dec 15, 2016 11:23
Vote:

Hi!

That was correct the Indexing Processor State was "Indexing processor state is invalid".
I pressed recover and the status changed to Processing. I went for lunch and when I came back it was Invalid again.

Any ideas what that could be?

/Kristoffer

Dec 15, 2016 13:53
Vote:

That is strange. Was the status of the indexing processor "Recovering" or "Processing"?

Recover will try to rebuild the entire index. If it does not succeed then then the status will be Invalid again. But if the status was Processing, that means the recover succeeded.

Hmm - which version are you using? There was a bug that will make the processor "Invalid" when you edit a code of an entry, but that was fixed long ago.

/Q

Dec 16, 2016 9:46
Vote:

We are running Commerce 9.17.

I just did a test on our test server. The index goes into Valid but as soon as I publish a product it goes into Invalid. Very strange. Any ideas?

Thanks Quan!

/Kristoffer

Dec 16, 2016 10:26
Vote:

Hi Quan!

Did you have any suggestions for my publishing problem?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Dec 21, 2016 11:34
Vote:

It seems to me that there might be issues with your change processors system. However it's vague to know which exactly the problem is. I would suggest you to contact our developer support service. When we have access to your environment (ideally a VM with the site + database) we'll be able to tell more.

Regards,

/Q

Dec 21, 2016 13:56
Vote:

Hi!

Do I understand correctly that you would like to have access to our server to look into the problem?
And to give you that I send an email to developersupport@episerver.com with or problem? Should I point out this thread as a reference?

Thanks again!

/Kristoffer

Dec 21, 2016 14:09
Vote:

Hi,

Yes and yes, I think you should to send an email to that address and include this thread. It might not be handled by me - as I'm not in developer support team - but they will know what to do :)

Regards,

/Q

Dec 21, 2016 14:23
Vote:

Hi!

I solved it. Developer support pointed me to this article:

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=84429

And that was exactly my problem.

From the post:

The reason was wrong configuation in CMS/Mediachase.Search.config. 

The problem was solved by synchronizing configuration in both Mediachase.Search.config (CommeraceManager/CMS) files.

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Edited, Dec 22, 2016 12:07
Vote:

Glad that it helped.

Dec 22, 2016 12:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.