Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ContentArea in NodeContent - Commerce 9

Vote:

Hi
I added some code in my model for NodeContent

[Display( Name = "Guides", Description = "desc", GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content, Order = 50)]
[AllowedTypes(new[] { typeof(GuideRootPage) })]
public virtual ContentArea GuideContent { get; set; }

I also add a section in my web.config:

definitionName="EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Components.SharedBlocksComponent"
plugInArea="/episerver/commerce/assets/defaultgroup" />

I can see the contentArea in edit mode in my category, but its not possible to create one, its says only "You can drop content here", and the same field in CMS says "You can drop content here, or create a new block", the latest has a link, for creating block. I know that its possible to create the block in the right seccion, but its is possible to have it here also?
Thanks
Juan

Feb 20, 2016 14:46
Vote:

Hi,

Did you get this working? I'm in need for the same thing for Commerce 9. I tried add same setting under  <episerver.shell> in web.config.

We can only see the "You can drop content here" which makes it hard for our editors to know what they should use.

Br,

/ Tobias 

EDIT:

I sovled this by adding a custom Attribute and setting "isCreateLinkVisible" to true:

extendedMetadata.EditorConfiguration["isCreateLinkVisible"] = new JRaw("function() { return true; }");

A reverse of this page:
https://gregwiechec.com/2016/05/how-to-disable-creating-new-blocks-in-content-area/

Edited, Nov 18, 2016 13:47
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.