Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Searching NodeContent

Vote:

Hi,

We are using EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider v8.12.0 to search for products/variants in the catalog browser which works. The editors also would also like to search NodeContent types.

Does anyone know if this is possible? When running the indexing job, it seems that content nodes doesn't get indexed. 

Thanks

Mar 09, 2016 10:37
Vote:

Hi,

The search provider does not work with node contents. If you really want to do that, you'll have to consider Find.Commerce, which works with Find better than FindSearchProvider does.

Regards,

/Q

Mar 09, 2016 11:26
Vote:

Hi Quan,

I've installed Find.Commerce and it works much better than FindSearchProvider.  The nodes now gets indexed, but its not searchable in the catalog browser.  Do you perhaps know if I there anything else I need to do to make the nodes searchable?

Thanks

Mar 09, 2016 12:25
Vote:

Hi

You'll have to write your custom search provider to override the default one. Override your class from ProductSearchProviderBase and decorate it with [SearchProvider] attribute. 

To override the default one, you can also implement ISortable to it and set the SortOrder to 0 (which would be the highest priority search provider in SearchArea)

/Q

Mar 09, 2016 13:26
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.