Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit Image Properties From Commerce Managers Assets Panel

Vote:

Hi,
I'm currently in the process of implementing Episerver Commerce, and I've added some custom properties to images that are used during the product editing process. One issue with this however, is I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any easy way to go from editing a product, to editing an image that's associated with this product without using the right media navigation bar, searching for that image, and right clicking edit.

This is what my assets panel looks like.

When I right click edit under that image...

It opens up this...

From here I don't see any way to actually open up the image and edit it's image properties or anything else about the image for that matter.

Any ideas on this? Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Paul

Edited, Jul 20, 2016 17:07
Vote:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that this is by design - the Edit button here is to edit the relationship between catalog content and assets - not the asset itself. For edit the asset you'll have to use the Media Gadget.

Regards,

/Q

Jul 20, 2016 18:44
Vote:

This is a very poor design. We have a property on the image to indicate if this is a product image, or a technical image, and this will require our content group to search in the right corner for the image, then edit the image that way as opposed to just going directly to edit the image property from the product page.

Jul 20, 2016 18:46
Vote:

Is there any way to add a proprty to this window?

Jul 20, 2016 18:47
Vote:

Also, what was the intention of that Group text box? What do people actually use that for?

Jul 20, 2016 18:49
Vote:

The group is for grouping. An SKU can have many assets - so you can have brouchers, trailers, manuals, etc. So editors can edit the group value of an asset to put it into a group.

I don't think it's possible to add another property to that window. The CommerceMedia is currently not extensible.

Jul 20, 2016 19:03
Vote:

ok, thanks. I think I'm looking for this grouping functionality, but am not happy with a text box. This should be an enum drop down list. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Jul 20, 2016 21:56
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.