Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 10: When loading the CMS/admin for the first time error message is shown.

Vote:

When I login to the site, then go the CMS/Admin module it shows the error message as in the screenshot in the link. 
Once I close the error dialog box, it lets me continue working and I navigate around, everything works fine. But first time loggin to CMS/admin after logging out this message is displayed. 

https://www.screencast.com/t/vIc5POwf8m

Jun 16, 2017 20:56
Vote:

You should post the actual exception/response from that request that yielded http 500. If the response is a custom error page, check the logs for the exception and past the stack trace here :)

Jun 17, 2017 14:39
Vote:

Here is the log details. It says soem routing issue. I am not able to understand anything from this at all. Help is appreciated.

ERROR EPiServer.Global: 1.2.5 Unhandled exception in ASP.NET
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.RequestContextExtension.GetCustomRouteData[T](RequestContext reqContext, String code)
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.Internal.DefaultContentRouteHelper.SetRouteDataIfPageNotRouted()
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.Internal.DefaultPageRouteHelper.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<.ctor>b__0()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.Internal.DefaultPageRouteHelper.get_Page()
at Whereoware.WOWCMS.Business.PageContextActionFilter.OnResultExecuting(ResultExecutingContext filterContext)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at EPiServer.Shell.Services.Rest.RestControllerBase.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.RequestContextExtension.GetCustomRouteData[T](RequestContext reqContext, String code)
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.Internal.DefaultContentRouteHelper.SetRouteDataIfPageNotRouted()
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.Internal.DefaultPageRouteHelper.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<.ctor>b__0()
at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy`1.LazyInitValue()
at EPiServer.Web.Routing.Internal.DefaultPageRouteHelper.get_Page()
at Whereoware.WOWCMS.Business.PageContextActionFilter.OnResultExecuting(ResultExecutingContext filterContext)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at EPiServer.Shell.Services.Rest.RestControllerBase.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

Jun 19, 2017 22:58
Vote:

Urghhhhhh...  :-)

So just when I posted the stack trace here, I realised the error was coming from our own class:

Whereoware.WOWCMS.Business.PageContextActionFilter.OnResultExecuting

Figured a property needed to be set in order for the whole site to be secured. Never mind! It is fixed now. Thank you for your help anyways!

Jun 19, 2017 23:15
Vote:

Hehe, classic! :)

Jun 20, 2017 5:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.