Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Discount Exclusions

Vote:

Commerce version 12.5.0

Hi All,
On the quicksilver sample site I've setup two "Buy Products for Discount on All Selections" discounts.  The first has the selection criteria as the "Mens" catalog node and the second as the "Womens".  I've then set these so all other discounts are excluded.

If I add a product from "Mens" I can see my discount applied.  Similarly, if I add a product from "Womens" I can see that discount applied to my cart.  However if I add them both to the cart, only one discount is applied.  I would have expected that since these are of type "EntryPromotion" and each product added to the cart is a separate lineitem, that each discount is applied.  If I remove the exclusions in Marketing, I can see both discounts applied in the cart.  I thought that the exclusions would prevent multiple discounts from being applied to the same lineitem, not separate lineitems in the cart.

In the site I'm building there are mulitple discounts that can apply to the same lineitem, but with the use of Priorities and Exclusions I can prevent this from occurring, I still however require that mulitple discount can be applied to a single order.

Is there a way I can achieve this?

discount1: Buy at least 1 item from Mens, Excludes discount 2
discount2: Buy at least 1 item from Womens, Excludes discount 1

lineitem1: discount1
lineitem2: discount2

Thanks
Mark

Nov 23, 2018 5:57
Vote:

You might want to try out the Unit level exclusion by adding this to appSettings

<add key="PromotionExclusionLevel" value="Unit" />

Nov 23, 2018 6:42
Vote:

Great thanks.  Yep that works.

Nov 23, 2018 6:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.