Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do I create a SqlMetaWhereClause

Vote:

I have two functions

public static ICart GetCartFromCustomerId(Guid CustomerId)
        {
            try
            {
                OrderSearchOptions searchOptions = new OrderSearchOptions();
                searchOptions.CacheResults = false;
                searchOptions.StartingRecord = 0;
                searchOptions.RecordsToRetrieve = 1000000000;
                searchOptions.Namespace = "Mediachase.Commerce.Orders";

OrderSearchParameters parameters = new OrderSearchParameters();
                searchOptions.Classes.Add("ShoppingCart");
                parameters.SqlMetaWhereClause = $"META.ContactIdGuidAsString = '{CustomerId.ToString()}'";     // see get values from [MetaFieldId]
                parameters.SqlWhereClause = "OrderGroupId IN (Select ObjectId FROM OrderGroup_ShoppingCart)";
                Cart[] cartCollection = OrderContext.Current.FindCarts(parameters, searchOptions);

if (cartCollection != null && cartCollection.Any())
                    return cartCollection.Select(x => (ICart)x).Where(x => x.CustomerId == CustomerId).OrderByDescending(x => x.Created).ToList().FirstOrDefault();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Log.LogError($"**** COMMERCE ERROR: EpiserverCommerceHelpers.GetCartFromCustomerId() has thrown an exception: {ex.Message}");
            }

return null;
        }

and

public static IPurchaseOrder RecoverPurchaseOrder2(string OrderNumber)
        {
            try
            {
                searchOptions.RecordsToRetrieve = 1000000000;

searchOptions.Classes.Add("PurchaseOrder");
                parameters.SqlMetaWhereClause = $"META.TrackingNumber = '{OrderNumber}'";   // see get values from [MetaFieldId]
                parameters.SqlWhereClause = "OrderGroupId IN (Select ObjectId FROM OrderGroup_PurchaseOrder)";
                PurchaseOrder[] purchaseOrderCollection = OrderContext.Current.FindPurchaseOrders(parameters, searchOptions);

if (purchaseOrderCollection != null && purchaseOrderCollection.Any())
                    return purchaseOrderCollection.Select(x => (IPurchaseOrder)x).Where(x => x.OrderNumber.ToUpper().Trim() == OrderNumber.ToUpper().Trim()).OrderByDescending(x => x.Created).ToList().FirstOrDefault();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Log.LogError($"**** COMMERCE ERROR: EpiserverCommerceHelpers.RecoverPurchaseOrder2() has thrown an exception: {ex.Message}");
            }

return null;
        }

but every time I try to create the SqlMetaWhereClause, the query fails.

All I am trying to do is get the Cart given the customerId and get the PO given the OrderNumber with the above respective functions but I am forced down a route constructing these weird sql-like c# construction that always lead no where.

The functions work if you take out the SqlMetaWhereClauses.   I suppose my question is:  How do I create SqlMetaWhereClauses for any problem? What is the secret to constructing these things.

Apr 20, 2018 13:48
Vote:

What do you mean by "Fails" - the query throws an exception, or it returns no row?

For for first query - as I commented on the ticket, you can use Cart.LoadCartsByCustomerAndName(Guid customerId, string name)

And in both case, the SqlWhereClause is not needed. 

Apr 20, 2018 14:53
Vote:

A bit off topic, but I'm pretty sure searchOptions.CacheResults doesn't do anything, it won't be cached regardless. Do you have some insight there, Quan?

Apr 20, 2018 16:22
Vote:

Quan,

In the function you quoted: Cart.LoadCartsByCustomerAndName(Guid customerId, string name), is name the cart name?

Do you know whether I can set name to an empty string and still get back carts relating to the customerId?

Incidently FYI, I've now got SqlMetaWhereClause working for recovering the PO given the OrderNumber which is now:

public static IPurchaseOrder RecoverPurchaseOrder2(string OrderNumber)
        {
            try
            {
                searchOptions.RecordsToRetrieve = 1; // 1000000000;

searchOptions.Classes.Add("PurchaseOrder");
                parameters.SqlMetaWhereClause = $"META.TrackingNumber = '{OrderNumber}'";   // see get values from [MetaFieldId]
                parameters.SqlWhereClause = $"OrderGroupId IN (SELECT TOP {searchOptions.RecordsToRetrieve} ObjectId FROM OrderGroup_PurchaseOrder ORDER BY Created DESC)";
                PurchaseOrder[] purchaseOrderCollection = OrderContext.Current.FindPurchaseOrders(parameters, searchOptions);

if (purchaseOrderCollection != null && purchaseOrderCollection.Any())
                    return purchaseOrderCollection.Select(x => (IPurchaseOrder)x).Where(x => x.OrderNumber.ToUpper().Trim() == OrderNumber.ToUpper().Trim()).OrderByDescending(x => x.Created).ToList<IPurchaseOrder>().FirstOrDefault();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Log.LogError($"**** COMMERCE ERROR: EpiserverCommerceHelpers.RecoverPurchaseOrder2() has thrown an exception: {ex.Message}");
            }

return null;
        }
Apr 20, 2018 16:32
Vote:

No,you have to set a name. However when I looked into your database, all your carts are named Default, so you can just use that.

And the second one, you can remove the  SqlWhereClause completely because you are already looking into PurchaseOrder. 

Apr 20, 2018 16:36
Vote:

Good question. No it is not working in this case - I just checked. It is used a little bit for catalog searching, but not orders.

Each order is cached individually, however 

Apr 20, 2018 16:37
Vote:

Quan,

Your suggestion for getting the cart worked and the performance problem we were having has now been resolved.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2018 17:38
Vote:

Apr 20, 2018 17:39
Vote:

On database level? Or how do you mean cached individually? When I reflected the code and saw what I thought was a broken cache, I tried it as well, always leading to a SP call.

Apr 23, 2018 11:27
Vote:

Each order will be cached by synchronized object item cache. However for search it'll be very tricky to implement cache on search results. The CacheResults is more likely an accident - as it is shared between catalog and order search. It should have been a property in CatalogSearchOptions only. It's safe to say that search for order is not cached.

Apr 23, 2018 11:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.