Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor side panel search with Find and custom client convention fields

Vote:

Hi

Is it possible to customise the editor side search (right hand asset pane "catalog content" search box)? The problem I have is we've added special extension methods for the Product and index these via the CatalogContentClientConventions "IncludeField". This works well with our search implementations to discover the products via these extension methods, but editors need to find products by searching these values too - but that side panel search seems to only search by the episerver properties and doesn't consider these extra convention fields.

Have played around with a few options - for example, making these actual getter properties rather than the extension method which indexes them but the side panel search still doesn't work..

Any suggestions or explanations of if/how it is possible to change the editor asset pane search Find integration?

Matt

P.S. we're using:

EPiServer.Commerce 11.8.2

EPiServer.CMS 11.4.0

EPiServer.Find 13.0.1

EPiServer.Find.Commerce 10.2.0

Jun 29, 2018 7:13
Vote:

You can actually write a search provider for it to "prioritize" your query. There is more to talk about it, but you can start by implementing your class & inheriting from

EnterpriseContentSearchProviderBase<EntryContentBase, ContentType>

I will write more about it some day if I have time :) 

Jun 29, 2018 15:50
Vote:

Hi Quan

After a bit of experimenting (couldn't find any documentation on this) I think I found the best way to do what I needed. And I've blogged it here: http://vu3lo.tumblr.com/post/177185352866/episerver-asset-panel-search-with-find-custom

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Matt

Edited, Jul 02, 2018 9:08
Vote:

Nice. Glad to hear you made it works!

Jul 02, 2018 9:11
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.