Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

[12.15.0] Double tax added?

Vote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing a very odd behavior in EPiServer Commerce...

Sometimes, very infrequently, an extra tax value is added to the cart. An example is a subscription for a publication for 149kr, which includes 6% sales tax. An additional 6% sales tax is added, for a total of 157,94kr. I haven't been able to reproduce this, neither on the production site, nor in the development environment.

In the code, I leave all tax handling to EPiServer Commerce (and the prices in the (single) market includes tax). I have, however, overriden DefaultTaxCalculator.CalculateShippingTax(ILineItem, IMarket, IOrderAddress, Mone) to always return 0. Since we never add shipping cost for a line item, this shouldn't cause any problems.

I haven't been able to find anything consistent about the (very few) problematic orders. None of the orders contain the same variations (though all of the orders only contain 1 variation), they used different payment methods, they all live in the same country (Sweden), no additional shipping fees have been added.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any tips on how to try to track this down?

Feb 07, 2019 13:51
Vote:

Hi,

You mean that the sales tax added twice in the total, right? Did you setting the market to included tax?

Feb 13, 2019 11:10
Vote:

Hi,

Which is commerce version you are using? Did you override DefaultOrderFormCalculator to include tax value into order form subtotal?

Feb 15, 2019 2:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.