Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot find product detail page outside of edit mode.

Vote:

Hi

I am experiencing something that I cannot figure out. I can view our product details page in edit mode with the Commerce Catalog. When I try to browse the URL, it gives a 404. Cannot seem to figure out what the issue is. 

Regards

Farhad

Feb 06, 2019 9:04
Vote:

Is the product published (and not expired) with tracked stock in quantity within a warehouse? Does it show the tick next to it in edit mode on the catalogue suggesting it should be.

Feb 06, 2019 13:02
Vote:

Hi Scott

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is not expired and has stock qty. I did how ever find the same route int he CMS e.g

www.mysite.com/category/category - CMS

www.mysite.com/category/category/product - Commerce

I have the suspicion that this could be the issue. ever come across  a scenario like this?

Regards

Farhad

Feb 06, 2019 21:33
Vote:

I can confirm that there is a conflict/masking between the 2 routes seeing that both the catalog an CMS routes have the same structure

Feb 07, 2019 1:45
Vote:

Indeed, CMS routes will always take precedence over commerce routes.

We often come across this as customers sometimes wants to mix content, for instance have an cms page beneath a brand page and they get creative in the cms and suddenly the brand page isn't showing up on the site anymore.

The fact that commerce and cms doesn't share the same content tree will result in headaches like this.

Feb 07, 2019 17:24
Vote:

Later versions of Commerce have better detections for such conflicts, and will warn you. However the detection is complicated and does not work perfectly always 

Still worth upgrading, though :)

Feb 07, 2019 17:39
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.