Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Block to Commerce Catalog or Product Relationship Defect

Vote:

Hello Guys,

We believe there is a known issue with commerce catalog and content block. But I cant find the defect being raised anywhere. If you create a content block and use it in Commerce page Content Area. The block does not show the relationship between the block and commerce catalog. 

Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. Create block 
2. Drop the block on a commerce page (product or node) 
3. Publish the product or node 
4. Go to edit the block

Actual Result: It says "This item is not used anywhere."

Expected Result: It should say "This item is used in 1 place" with a link to the catalog.

Does anyone know link to the defect or you guys thinking, this is not a defect and I am doing something wrong?

Regards, 
Sujit

May 21, 2019 17:55
Vote:

Hi - this is actually a "missing" feature. I.e. finding catalog contents that reference a specific block is not currently supported. we have a story in backlog to add that support, but it will take time for us to get there. 

May 22, 2019 8:36
Vote:

Thanks Quan. I should have updated the thread long back in May, that member of your team Christos reached out when I created a support ticket, and confirmed the missing feature. I am going to start looking at other interim solution to overcome this situation. Especially our customers are waiting for a solution for a long time now.

Regards,

Sujit

Jul 10, 2019 6:12
Vote:

UPDATE: Requested feature is registered to backlog and its tracking number is COM-9730. Unfortunately there is neither an ETA nor a public facing link to track the update.

Regards,
Sujit

Jul 22, 2019 1:48
Vote:

we already have a story for that feafure, so that new story will most likely be closed as duplicated. But yes there is no ETA currently and this will unlikely get priority over current work

Jul 22, 2019 8:34
Vote:

Hi Quan, I got this question from two different clients recently. I'm just curious if this feature has been planned ? Thanks :)

Edited, Apr 30, 2021 18:33
Vote:

unfortunately no update yet.

May 03, 2021 7:17
Eric Deschambault - May 03, 2021 12:44
Thanks for the update!
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.