Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Exclude lineitems from order level promotion

Vote:

Hi,

I've been looking around the docs aka DotPeek to try to understand if it's possible to exclude certain lineitems from an order level promotion.

The use case is that the customer would like to give let's say 10% discount on the order if you buy for at least 500 SEK. However, certain items have discounted prices in the price lists so they'd like to exclude them from the order total used for treshold evaluation and reward.

Is this at all possible, or do we need to use item level promo instead? It would get a little tricky though since we'd need to find a way for the exclusions mechanism to treat the promo as order level even though it isn't.

Jul 03, 2019 1:46
Vote:

Seconded what Marcus said, sounds like 

ExcludedCatalogItems 

is what your need.

//It's nice to see that the feature is helping people left and right ;)

Jul 03, 2019 12:45
Vote:

@Quan : I see this excludes items on the catalog level, but what if I want to have this same functionality down to certain SKUs? For example: I have a product import job that runs daily and refreshes the catalog on daily basis. I now would like to exclude items which have a sale price from the promotions without anybody having to configure the items on a daily basis. Would this work for it too?

Edited, Jul 03, 2019 16:09
Vote:

You can set it to catalogs, categories, or entries, or any combination of them. If you read the blogpost, I already posted this snippet

promotionData.ExcludedCatalogItems = new List<ContentReference>() { catalogLink, categoryLink, entryLink };
Jul 03, 2019 16:17
Vote:

@Quan :  Perfect! This a cool feature you guys have added :)

Jul 03, 2019 16:20
Vote:

Thanks but going to Epi 13 is not an option right now. I ended up calculating a money reward from a percentage discount excluding unwanted lineitems.

Jul 05, 2019 11:04
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.