Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Option to Publish is stuck

Vote:

When editing a page in EPiServer Commerce and then pressing "Publish" the page is published however the option to "Publish" keeps showing. Everything is fine when I refresh the page and the changes are there.

It happens on pages where I disabled the OnPageEditView using a UI Descriptor:

DisabledViews = new List<string> { CmsViewNames.OnPageEditView };

I can't seem to find a workaround for this bug other than perhaps force a page refresh which would likely annoy the editor.

Do any of you have an idea how to solve this issue?

Edited, Aug 22, 2019 11:46
Vote:

If you open the browser console, what do you find, errors? 

Aug 22, 2019 11:53
Vote:

Unfortunately I get no errors in the console or any of the HTTP Requests being sent.

This is what my UI Descriptor looks like:

[UIDescriptorRegistration]
public class ForceAllPropertiesViewUiDescriptor : UIDescriptor<IForceAllPropertiesViewUiDescriptor>
{
  public ForceAllPropertiesViewUiDescriptor()
    {
       DefaultView = CmsViewNames.AllPropertiesView;
       EnableStickyView = true;
       DisabledViews = new List<string> { CmsViewNames.OnPageEditView };
    }
}
Aug 22, 2019 12:29
Vote:

Looks like you will have errors in the server log. I tried the same and the problem is you have duplicated UIDescriptors for same type. Apparently that is not the way to enable "sticky view". I will look into that if time permits 

Aug 23, 2019 8:03
Vote:

Thank you very much, this solves all my problems!

Aug 23, 2019 17:07
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.